Students efficiently gather, critically evaluate, and effectively use information.
- Students inquire about their learning to make connections to prior knowledge, determine relevance, and deepen understanding.
- Students locate, organize, analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and ethically use information from a variety of sources and media to build their understanding of new concepts.
- Students evaluate and select appropriate information sources or tools to best complete the task.
- Students process data to make informed decisions.
Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate tools and resources.
- Students collect and analyze data to identify solutions and/or make informed decisions.
- Students use multiple processes and diverse perspectives to explore alternative solutions.
- Students reflect on inquiry-process to inform decisions on process and/or solution
Effective Communicators and Creators
Students use appropriate media and environments to effectively communicate ideas, knowledge, and understanding to audiences ranging from local to global.
- Students choose appropriate media and formats to communicate information and ideas effectively to influence multiple audiences.
- Students use technology and other information tools to organize and display knowledge and understanding in ways that others can view, access, and use.
Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using appropriate technology.
- Students apply existing knowledge to generate new ideas, products, processes or learning.
- Students create original works as a means of personal or group expression
Students connect with peers and recognized experts to collaborate, develop their own understanding, contribute to the learning of others, and contribute to the global society using a variety of media.
- Students interact, collaborate, and publish with peers experts, or others using a variety of digital environments or media to contribute to shared learning.
- Students engage with learners of other cultures, both face to face and online, to develop cultural understanding and global awareness.
- Students contribute to project teams to make decisions, produce original works, and/or solve problems.
Students practice legal and ethical behavior with an understanding of cultural and societal issues related to technology and information.
- Students model personal responsibility and respect for others to demonstrate personal growth.
- Students advocate and practice safe and responsible use of information and technology to become ethical global citizens.
- Students use technological tools and information for the betterment of others.